Sunday, March 4, 2012

Clear

I'm not lost,
not as lost as you think
in the word draped world
encased in an ivory vault.
Such a clear passage
In your face, your movement
Palm pressed against the metal case,
Forehead against the glass.
The valley between your brows
and the shadow they toss over
despondent mirrors.
Seeing into every droplet
of colored wash.
As you stare into what I've felt,
what I've painted,
every fragment storms out.
Showering over you,
a baptism of myself.
I step onto the channel where you float.
Soundlessly I become a witness
To you, to every feeling,
To every shard of pain
as it plunges into your heart.
The thought that I
have conquered your soul
Echoes down our narrow tunnel.
Awareness so loud,
It severs the bond.
And as your face blurs to darkness
your eyes glance back.
And again
Clear.

3 comments:

  1. I think you might be among the most gifted poets I've ever read! I eagerly look forward to reading more of your work. You definitely have a new follower :) feel free to follow mine as well. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete